So I'm creating this thread in hopes of it reaching GooRoo, since there seems to be issues with email communication.
Recently, GooRoo found that he's unable to log into his account, since the password he inputs no longer works, and he allegedly does not receive the recovery emails. He tried contacting ProBoards staff about this, but it turned out that they don't even have the power to view someone's password. So now he's stuck being unable to access the forum, and it would really help if everyone tried their best to offer some solution for GooRoo to use.
So far, the things we tried to suggest him are as follows:
1) Check his Gmail account's Spam folder for whether the recovery emails from ProBoards are being sent there.
2) Check his browser's advanced settings for whether the password is stored there.
3) Check if the email he inputs is actually correct.
4) If all else fails, installing a remote desktop application, such as TeamSpeak (www.teamspeak.com/en/), so that one of us could directly access his desktop and see if there's anything we could do there.
If you have any other things to suggest for him, then please post here.
Emails received in Gmail are sorted into several categories: Primary, Social and Promotions are visible in the default Inbox tab (on the top bar). What goes where is decided by Google's algorithm, so it's always best to check every one of them.
You can also expand your options clicking the "More" button (on the left bar), where you'll find the Spam folder among other things. If you are sure that you checked every category and there isn't any trace of ProBoards, please let us know!
Last Edit: Mar 3, 2019 14:02:04 GMT -8 by swietymiki
According to the newest email I received from GooRoo, it is clear that his Gmail account can send emails, but not receive them, seeing how GooRoo asked me whether I sent him any replies despite me doing so numerous times.
This leads me to think that his Gmail account may have incorrectly set up filters that remove most incoming emails. To fix this, the following needs to be done:
1. Open Gmail settings
2. Go to the "Filters and Blocked Addresses" tab
3. Delete any emails from there that you might not recognize
Thank You, Zu, for your help in resolving this issue. "Forgot password" after making your suggested changes worked to give me a link to where I could change my password to something acceptable (no +256 character ASCII items).